Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Film Study

Film study was not for me a first time, however it was an improvement. My introduction to film study was with the animated movie Aladdin. At the time I learned about the different angles and camera shots. Also the colours in the movie played an extreamly important part especially because the movie was animated. The study of the movie was an excellent foundation to film study.
Kingdom of Heaven was very much different to Aladdin in the sense that it was more of a non-fiction movie whereas Aladdin was based on a fairytale. Both movies were based on an event or book and in that respect were similar. Kingdom of Heaven was a serious movie based on true history and therefore more fruitful and informative. Aladdin on the other hand was purly entertainment. The movie Kingdom of Heaven was aslo more realistic. The music, setting, use of colour, props used and costumed were excellent. The shots and angles created the effects perfectly. The movie itself kept you glued. In terms of acting, the characters played their roles exceptionally well. The role of Bailian was played very well aswell as the role of Salahuddin.
Film study this term forced me to read and go beyond my little brain. I also look at movies differently and more critically and sceptically. Film study is a wonderful part of English which I hope to do again.

No comments: